Sunday, January 24, 2010

Text Messages from Haiti

Aaron here again. The following is a text message from Jessica to me via Nathan Bean's phone, Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:59 PM:

"This is jessica. We literally carried several hundred pounds of supplies across the border on foot then went the rest of the way in the back of a pickup on top of all our crap. We are now in juampas. I have never been to a more beautiful place. The people here are very kind and grateful for the supplies. Tomorrow we plan our next trip into port au prince to find more orphans. I love you so much. I hope your show went well. I know it did. Phone isn't working here could you get word to my father that we arrived safely. So much love from both of us."

Also: Nathan Bean has an article in The Stranger, Seattle's hippest rag. It's called, topically, Text Message from Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment